Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ties for elders

The next round of transfers is upcoming on June 6th.  Our district is likely to be reshuffled with several new elders sent in to replace elders who have been in their areas for more than 4 - 6 months.  The elders leaving will be sent to other areas in the mission, for approximately the same amount of time. 

To help the elders remember us, and to supplement their utilitarian wardrobes, we held a "tie lottery" at the last district meeting.  Each of the elders (based on seniority in the district) got to pick one (or more) ties from my personal inventory.  Each of the elders is shown with the tie of their choice.  From left, Elders: Gervais, Jones, Johnson, Savoie, Hidenshield, Hatch, and Urry.

I should mention that the ties available for selection were pre-screened by Sister Johnson, and were ones that she didn't care that I bring home, though I thought they were all quite nice and fashionable.  I think she has plans to replenish my tie inventory with new ones, selected personally by her. 

1 comment:

  1. A very fun idea. Maybe Mike should take more of his ties to the Canaries. You are a guapo group tambien. (That is Spanish for handsome also because I am thinking in Spanish now. I wish)

    ReplyDelete