Monday, January 16, 2012

MTC - day one

Lots of old folks here! Mostly wearing black and white and sensesable shoes. They are so very nice and going to lots of interesting places. The director says they are seeing a large number of Sr. missionaries since Oct. Conf. Many of these couples are on 2nd missions. The foreign miss. have been studying their new language for 3-5 months by skype on the computer. Three couples are going to Russia. I am happy to be wintering in Alabama! We are staying in beautiful new rooms next to the MTC. The beds are so soft. The cafeteria food is plentiful, but not so lovely. We Sr. missionaries were all looking pretty sleepy throughout the day. We are suppose to study a bunch of material tonight. I can hardly keep my eyes open, though. Actually all the reading seems a bit overwhelming at the moment, but I tend to be overwhelmed with new learning rather easily, product of a small brain. Time for lights out for me. We have to eat at 7am again. Alot of sitting and eating. Love to all, Dawn/mom/grandma

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Definitely a lot of sitting and eating. Ha! Ha! Do you guys get to go to the gym, too? :) And I do remember being very sleepy there. It will probably be the shortest 5 days of your life. So excited that you get to learn so much. Let me know if I need to get you some old lady shoes.

    ReplyDelete